It sounds cheerful, but what exactly is it about? Here comes a quick outlook…
- Private Chinese company
- The largest beverage producer in China
- More than 80% owned by China’s richest man, Zong Qinghou (宗庆后), who has a net worth of $16.6 billion
- Sells bottled water, fruit juices, milk & yoghurt products and tea all over China
Let the match begin!
The Match: Hangzhou Wahaha Group Versus 19-time English soccer champion Manchester United
Match Duration: 3 years
- Promote its energy drink (i.e. Qili) in China, will Rooney drink it during training and matches?
- Run marketing promotions including 3-on-3 soccer competitions, which offer winners the chance to train at Manchester’s training academy
- £££ Power!
- Quick estimations:
- Wayne Rooney and Robin Van Persie have 108 million followers in China!
- In 2011, 190 million of 330 million “The Red Devils” fans were in Asia.
“Wahaha is one of the most iconic brands in China and one that has come to symbolize the dynamism and strength of the modern Chinese economy,” Richard Arnold, Manchester United’s commercial director, said in the release.
Before the final whistle, no one knows who will win in the match, let’s see what happen next!